Thursday, February 14, 2013

Home

I've been traveling this week and land at home today only long enough to repack my bag (which didn't make it home with me last night) and head out again.  It is hard to be gone from my people.  But I am reminded of how very fortunate I am that home with them is where I would always rather be.  John sent me little Valentines all week, reminding me that I am loved and missed.

This photo arrived with the note: Amelia with a photo bomb from Ava....


The girls cuddling on the couch, missing their mom....


Amelia getting her own breakfast thankyouverymuch....


Last night when my suitcase didn't arrive with my flight, it was 10pm, I was tired and just so ready to be home... But instead I had to fill out all kinds of forms to get my bag back, even though it wasn't my fault it was lost. I was frustrated and annoyed.  I texted John an update from the airport and he responded:

"Orbit turns his back on the baggage people...."




Made me laugh out loud - just exactly what I needed to focus on more generous behavior and point in the direction of home.

No comments: