I was only at home for one day last week, but it happened to be Valentines Day. I know my last couple of posts have been kind of mopey, homesicky, and full of text photos from John of some ordinary days. This post is composed of photos I took during my one night at home, roaming around with my camera and a glass of wine dreading leaving the next day. In short, even more random and ordinary....
Here I tried to capture a decent picture of our new light fixture. My dad and John put a dimmer on it and in the evening it glows a really lovely gentle light and I was trying to get a photo....
Dolly made the girls the most thoughtful little Valentine's bags to celebrate the day. I bought a mini pink champagne cake for them and chocolate covered candies for me and John to celebrate the day.
My bag got delivered just before dinner! A long journey from Houston to Denver to Des Moines!
I made a simple dinner that had the benefit of also being really tasty - Pioneer Woman pasta with pancetta and leeks.... Here the leeks soak away some of their grit.
Where are the girls, you ask? It was just barely warm enough for them to ride their bikes, but they were outside rosey cheeked pedaling around the neighborhood.
1 comment:
I just clicked on the link to see the recipe. That looks delicious!
Post a Comment