Monday, March 4, 2013

And so it begins....

Ava has got a ton (and I do mean a TON) of thick, curly hair.  It is wonderful.  No doubt her hair will be the envy of her friends.  A couple of times she's had the woman who cuts our hair straighten it after a haircut, but yesterday she decided it was time to learn how to do it on her own. So I fished an old straightener out from under my sink, gave her instructions on the basics and told her to have at it. 


I watched her for a few minutes to make sure she had the hang of it and snapped these pictures.  And sort of mentally lamented the fact that she is 9 (almost 10) and already fighting with her hair in all its thick and curly beauty.



Tonight she told me she was going to wear it curly tomorrow - that she will only straighten it every now and then for something fun and different.  I am all for trying new things, but I will be glad to see her crazy salad back tomorrow!

No comments: