Saturday, March 2, 2013

Photo Dump = Blog Update

With the legislature in session and some extra weekend work opportunities lately it has been hard to keep up blogging.  So I am posting some photos from the last week to catch up on what's been going on around here.

Not long ago I read an article about parenting a strong willed child.  I am somewhat reluctant to label Amelia that way, she does have a strong will, but that could leave you with the impression that I consider this a bad thing....  Anyway, a tip in this article that really stood out to me was how important it is for strong willed children to feel like they have control over their environment.  Amelia has always been a big helper - it is important that she be included in what's going on.  This article opened my eyes to the fact that her "helper-ness" is part of her having control over her environment.  So I've giving her more and more opportunities to help out around the house and it does make a difference in her temperament.  A good lesson for me because sometimes I have the attitude that it would be much easier and quicker just to get it done myself.

Here's Amelia, helping me peel root vegetables for beef stew last Sunday.... In her panda shirt.  Did you know Amelia has 6 panda shirts? You can never have too many!


Meghan and Lane came over for dinner!!


One morning this week I had to leave the house especially early for a meeting at the Capitol.  John asked how he could help and I mentioned he could pack the girls lunches....  Instead he took the OUT to lunch at Bistro Montage.... a nice French restaurant in town.  Amelia and her french fry smile!


Ava, knowing she was going to lunch at a French restaurant sports her sparkly beret.  Of course...  


A very sad say arrived at our house this week.  Ava's best friend Jessica and her family sold their house and are moving.  They are staying in town, so it won't be hard to get the kids together often, but as Ava so tearfully reminded us, things just won't be the same.



Neither of our kids have shown a great deal of interest in the computer, but this week Ava discovered the abundance of information (FACTS!) that are available online and spent a whole bunch of time doing research on moons.  John asked, "is this for a school project?"  Ava responds, "no, I'm just interested in moons."  Love that nerdy girl!


No comments: