Ava's friend Jessica joined us for our one day mini break and while the girls were playing I decided to take advantage of the little window of time to prep TONIGHT'S dinner. So excited to have this in the 'fridge waiting to pop in the oven when I get home from work today. We feed Orbit very little people food. Dachshunds are prone to obesity and I don't want to promote begging. However, from time to time he goes on little hunger strikes, so I will sprinkle some cheese on top of his food to get hi to eat. That pup LOVES cheese. Now any time I bust out the cheese grater I have this face standing by....
I took the girls to the gym so I could go to yoga at 8:15am. The girls did a fun activity in the aerobics room at the gym and I stretched and sweated it out in hot yoga sculpt. After lunch we headed to the YMCA for some swimming. In order to have free reign of the pool you first have to pass a little swimming test administered by the life guard. You have to swim freestyle one length of the pool with out touching or stopping, then tread water for 1 minute. Amelia was terrified of this test, but the only thing scarier than taking the test was risking that she might be left behind while the older girls went to the deep part without her.
She plowed through the 25 meter freestyle with relative ease, but the treading water was a different deal altogether. The lifeguard added 10 seconds every time she touched the wall and after about 90 seconds he declared her to have passed the swimming test. She was THRILLED. The lifeguard asked me how old she was and when I said "five, almost six" he said, "Wow!"
Here Amelia models her green necklace, proof that she can go wherever she wants in the pool! And proof of the sheer force of her will when she is determined to do something.
After swimming we went to the walk in pedicure place to get our toes painted. I was in my 20's before I'd had a proper pedicure, but these girls are pros.....
After dinner Amelia helped me make this hot fudge sauce for dessert. It was a great, diet busting finish to a lovely Spring Break day.
Even though it is 19 degrees, flurries are flying, and I am wishing I got just one more day to enjoy the girls' Spring Break, it was a very memorable little mid-week reprieve.
1 comment:
A fun way to break up the week for everyone!
Post a Comment