Saturday morning I was up bright and early, not to get in my long run as usual on Saturday, but to prepare to host about 25 people, most from my extended family, for a wedding shower for my cousin Laurel. The shower was co-hosted by Laurel's aunt on her father's side of the family, so we divided up responsibilities for sending invitations (designed by Meghan - see her work here) and food. I tried to keep my part of the food contribution pretty simple, I made Pepperoncini Dip - a recipe from my sister in law once removed, and Spinch-Artichoke Dip - because there can never, ever be too much dip! I also made these tortilla roll ups, upping the veggie count to include cucumbers, spinach, red peppers, carrots and avocado. People seemed to really like them.
For dessert I bailed out to Scratch Cupcakes instead of baking on my own - good choice because the cupcakes were the hit of the party....
Meghan and Amelia, ready to celebrate!
Me with Kathy (the shower co-host) and the bride to be!
While we showered the bride to be, John and my dad walked 18 holes at the Indianola Country Club. Then we all met up at my parents pool for a lovely afternoon/evening of swimming, more eating and chatting. Amelia and John.... so sweet!
Air born!
Ava the mermaid girl was the very last person out of the pool, as usual...
My sister Betsy and her daughter Alivia came down from Minnesota for the shower and a visit. Baby Alivia stole the show with all her 15 month old cuteness....
Lounging in the pool...
John escorted her royal highness Aliva around the pool. I love in this picture how she looks ready to punch someone in the face.... She's a feisty little bird.



1 comment:
You can't go wrong with a "dip shower" and those cupcakes...Aliva is SO cute. I love that picture of her and John in the pool - that expression on her face is priceless.
Post a Comment