If you go back through the archives of this blog there are many repeating themes... We're so busy! Time goes so fast! I really need to write more! Here's a few updates - some old themes, some new themes...
My goodness is this summer going fast! We have really enjoyed the routine that emerges during the girl's brief summer break. Sleep in a bit, go to swimming sometimes, but most days start with Ava and Amelia easing into their mornings with some TV time on the couch in their jammies. I dare say this will be the thing that we will all miss the most when school starts Wednesday.
Why is there a picture of my floor? This is why! All that IKEA furniture.... finally put together! It is so nice - the girls rooms look so much better. There's room for everything! I am so happy, both at the outcome and to have this room back!
Another entry into the "Why I Had Kids" category.... The girls folding their second load of clean towels while they watched TV in the basement. They are actually pretty good at it and I don't have to do it. So very satisfying.
Random Orbit, sunbathing....
Yesterday we packed up some snacks, including these monster cookies, the favorite recipe I've found so far, and headed over to my folks to swim. That whole, summer's going so fast thing....
Peace Dude!
We invited some friends to join us, Ava's friend Eva (from the triathlon) and her sisters. That is a lot of girls. Here I tried to get a picture of a game they were playing, dragging the little girls across the pool with the tubes and noodles....
Because I was losing the never ending fight of trying to prevent bunny ears while taking a picture of this group I just gave up and had them all do bunny ears! Those kids were in the pool for about four hours straight, except a monster cookie break. Summer, it goes so fast....


No comments:
Post a Comment