Sunday, March 30, 2014

Birthday Girl

Yesterday Amelia Rae turned 7. 7! That girl loves her birthday. She's been talking about it and planning for it since Christmas.  I don't think we usually overdo it on birthdays, but this year I wanted to scale back. I told the girls to celebrate their birthdays they could choose an activity to do with one friend and then we would have a family dinner of their choosing. Amelia chose pedicures with her friend Ella, followed by lunch at Noodles and fro-yo at Orange Leaf. We had a great time, Amelia felt celebrated and it was decidedly low stress for me and for her.

Sweet Amelia getting her pedicure....


Looking so grown up with her friend Ella....


It was finally nice enough that when we got home Amelia spent all afternoon playing outside with her friends.  We made this sweet and sour chicken (it is so good, but such a pain to make) with green beans and pineapple upside down cake with homemade ice cream for the birthday girl...


Our Mimi is such an awesome kid.  She is so smart, observant and quick.  She has a very heightened sense of what's fair  and she loves her family fiercely. She can be a little bit shy, a little bit slow to transition, but when she's comfortable she lights up a room. We love this clever, passionate girl - I feel so very lucky to be her mom.

No comments: