Friday, March 28, 2014

This Week

There is a lot of routine in our lives - school, work, exercise, activities... There are things in the midst of that routine that make me pause in gratitude, laugh and enjoy the things that come along that can help shake things up a little bit.

Tuesday morning I met a group of my running friends for the hardest speed work we've done in anticipation of Grandma's Marathon in June. Half mile warm up, 12 x 400 on the track with a 400 jogging recovery, half mile cool down.  Total of 7 miles before breakfast on a Tuesday. 24 laps around the Simpson track. I started stewing about this workout about dinner time on Monday night. But you know how this story goes.... despite the stewing the workout went great and I made the ladies pose for a selfie when we were done to mark the occasion. Just a track workout, just 7 miles, but made all the better by these awesome people who keep me company, cheer me on, encourage me and share energy/motivation when I need it....

Laura in front, Corissa in the pink hat, lucky me, Erin in the black ear band....


Remember the panda in the tomatoes?  Well this week we had a little Harry in the bananas....


Uncle Brian came to visit and play (a lot) of golf with John and Lane on Thursday.  But first up, they had breakfast one of our favorite spots - The Wave.  Here with Lane patiently waiting for breakfast....


Since Uncle Brian was here I decided to make some chocolate pie as a special treat... It was pretty delish if I do say so myself - I'm fighting the girls (and probably John) for the very last piece in our 'fridge.


No comments: