Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dos Doxies

When we brought Ellen home the manager at the Animal Rescue League told me that it takes most dogs about two weeks to settle into their new environment. She encouraged us to be patient and use a lot of positive reinforcement. I would have told you it seemed like Ellen settled into our home pretty much right away, but the last day or two it is clear she is really becoming accustomed to our routine and more used to us in general.  She is a very sweet dog. Ellen and Orbit are getting along better than I expected.  They are sort of competitive with each other over food, treats and toys - they romp and play a lot and generally keep track of each other.

I snapped this picture of the two of them negotiating their favorite spot in the house - the back of the couch where you can see out the window AND through the kitchen... Look at those sweet pups! 


No comments: