Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day and Field Day

Sunday was Father's Day - the right opportunity to stop to appreciate the men in my family who are so committed to being good dads. My own father, who has always encouraged me, believed in me and given me a soft place to land when things don't go well.  And John - one of the many things I love most about him is how committed he is to being a good dad, how clearly he seems to know how to love and support his children for being exactly who they are.   

How fitting that these two spent much of their father's day at a Father/Son golf tournament.  Early in the day I texted John and said, "please have someone take a picture of you and my dad on the course.  I know it's cheesy, blame your wife."  

This is what came back in reply.  Perfect - I love it!!


Sunday night the older kids came over for a little dinner and some time around the fire pit together. Look at these amazing children!


Receiving the trophy - #1 Dad!


We are winding down the girls school year - frankly kind of limping along these last few days.  I volunteered at Amelia's Field Day on Monday - she had a ball!


Do you remember parachute day in PE?!  It was hands!down! my favorite day.....


1 comment:

Hilary said...

I have such fond memories of parachute day in elementary school I decided to marry a PE teacher. Brian has literally brought the parachute home from his gym to use it with the boys.

Great picture of my nieces and nephew!!