Nevermind that we went from winter to summer in about 6 days flat. Nevermind that running in this warmer weather and humidity kind of stinks. After a long tough winter it feels so good to have the sun on my face I will tolerate the things about the summer that aren't my favorite.
This weekend Amelia had her baton recital - truthfully kind of a rag tag affair. She loves the baton, but has been hoping to "learn more tricks" than the studio where she's been taking lessons has taught her. None the less, she was excited to show off what she learned on Saturday night.
Here Amelia is chillin' and twirlin'.....
John (and AVA!!) has been talking about a fire pit in our backyard for awhile. Saturday he came home from the hardware store to tell me a fire pit kit was being delivered later that day. I actually thought he was joking, but that afternoon the delivery truck pulled up with two pallets of pavers and a ring. Ava was be.side.her.self. So Ava and John took the rest of the day to clear a space and build our pit.
Look at all those legs! And look at all that hair!
Sunday John took the girls to the Senior PGA event in Des Moines. The girls were most interested in the milkshakes.....
Sunday night we lit up the fire pit, bought stuff for S'mores and fed most of the kids in the neighborhood. Ever so much better than spending the night in front of a screen! Welcome summer!




1 comment:
Wow, I had fallen WAY behind on your blog! I just spent a long time getting caught up on all the great posts you've written this Spring. You do such a great job keeping up with it and documenting all that is going on with your family! Great pictures. I can't get over how big the girls are getting!
Post a Comment