Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ready to Spring forward

This year we've had a couple of days that previewed the Spring that is coming (it has to be coming, right?) but as I look out the window at the rainy cold morning it feels a long way off.  Last night we set our clocks forward and I am just fine with giving up that hour of sleep on the promise of driving home from work when it is still light outside.  I am hoping that very soon we'll get home at the end of our work/school days with enough warmth and daylight to send these girls outside to play with their neighborhood friends.  That we'll drag them in for dinner and bath filthy and tired.  

But in the meantime - 

Ava and Amelia helping their dad make whipped cream for dessert last night.  When they were done there was very little whipped cream left for the dessert....









Amelia loves cheese in all its forms - here she is downing her second big helping of cottage cheese.









Yesterday morning John took the girls to a neighbor's birthday party.  It was held in the show room of a playground manufacturer (Rainbow) and the kids were free to play on all the slides and swing sets.  A cool idea for a party....  AND it left me with a morning to myself in our quiet house.  It was blissful.  I took my time at the gym, came home and lounged all the while resisting the call to clean, do laundry, do work.  

















No comments: