Two years ago today Amelia was born. She arrived just before 3:00pm on a Thursday after a relatively manageable labor. (I mean, it is called labor for a reason) She weighed 6 lbs, 1 oz and was 18 inches long - small but mighty from day one.
This picture is one of my favorites from the day Amelia was born - Ava supervising Amelia's first bath. I remember her telling the woman giving the bath "Be careful with my baby."
This photo was taken 4 days after Amelia was born and it is the one we used with her birth announcement. I love it because you can tell, even at 4 days, she's going to be a stinker.
Today she is two and, as forecasted, a stinker. Amelia is observant (nosy) and very smart. She can be slow to warm to new situations, but is a real chatterbox once she gets comfortable. Sloooooowwwwllly.... she is becoming a better sleeper surprising us from time to time by sleeping through the night. Amelia is a real cuddle bug - she will curl up under your chin and there is nothing like her furry little head, her sweet baby girl smell. She is fast as hell and still small, but mighty.
This morning on my run I got a little bit choked up thinking about the day Amelia arrived. I can vividly remember the first time I saw her. I thought I knew what it would feel like because I had done it before. Little did I know... Remembering that moment I was thinking of a line from Catherine Newman describing the first time she saw her daughter (her second child) "I wasn't prepared for that first moment.... love at first sight, but with a big jolt of nostalgia thrown in for good measure."
Tonight we celebrated the day she was born with family and close friends. The day Amelia was born a birthday party broke out in our hospital room and many of the people at that party were seated around our table tonight. John spent the day cooking for his girl making lasagna completely from scratch - the noodles, the sauce, the filling...
Lasagna noodles -
I made Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes.
Our birthday girl LOVED her new car from Grandma Marilyn!
Happy Birthday Baby Boo!
2 comments:
Miss Amelia...you are eating like a queen for your birthday! It's amazing how fast you're growing and that you're 2!!! We'll see you soon!
Those cupcakes were to "die for"!!
The lasagne was also unbelievable!
Thanks!!
Post a Comment