John and I are staring in the face of very busy work weeks. For him, countless depositions that require a lot of preparation, for me, preparing for the White House Forum on Health Reform scheduled in Iowa for March 23rd. Lately our work requirements have been particularly demanding and that has the effect, for me, of craving time at home even more than usual. On my best days I am a world class home body, but lately I am practically day dreaming of grocery lists, spring cleaning and lazy days with my family.
Today John needed to spend the day at work preparing for depositions and catching up from the days he took off while Ava was sick this week. Despite the looming storm on the work front for me I spent the day tending to my girls. I did laundry, cleaned (a little), made a grocery list (after watching Oprah on Tivo for some new ideas) and watching the girls out the back window while they played with their neighborhood friends.
This week Ava will attend child care at a different elementary, where they will be combining all the schools for Spring break week. She's been feeling a little anxious about it, so we spent some time on the playground at Emerson before going to the grocery store under the theory that some familiarity would ease the worry for our creature of habit.
Here's Ava and Amelia holding hands walking to the playground. Gets me every time.
Ava picked her own outfit today, can you tell? The dress, too small, the shirt, a whole different pattern, the leggings have holes in the knees and my opinion of Crocs has been previously documented. Naturally we have a bow for extra beauty. And somehow she just looks fantastic to me.
My determined Mimi....
John is home, we had a delicious dinner, the girls have spent nearly every waking moment today playing outside. They are filthy, happy, tired and smell like outside. This day has been exactly what I need to prepare me for the work week to come.
1 comment:
A very sweet post, Kate. It reminds me to not take for granted the joys of the simple moments with the boys. Life can get so busy and go so fast...
Post a Comment