Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ava doesn't just sleep, she hibernates

As terrible as sleeper as Amelia can be (and she really is) Ava is a terrific sleeper.  She has been since she was a tiny baby.  Last fall we moved the girls in together on the theory that what Amelia needs at night is company.  It was a marginal success in the sense that now when Amelia wakes up during the night she sometimes settles herself back down.  And both girls seems to like the togetherness.

Last night around 12:30am Amelia woke up.  This is not a rare occurrence, but her cry was certainly unusual.  John went in to soothe her and she had thrown up in her crib.  This is the first time I can remember her throwing up and she seemed more startled by it than anything.   But she was crying at the top of her lungs, we turned the light on so we could strip her bed, John and I were talking to each other in a normal tone of voice...  John gave Amelia a bath while I got the bumper off her crib.  Several minutes later the sheets were in the washing machine, Amelia was clean and I turned off the lights in the girls room.

Ava slept through the whole thing.


2 comments:

Hilary said...

I would give an arm and a leg to sleep like that! Luky girl...lucky you!

Gma Marilyn said...

That is AMAZING!!!