Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anything for You

On a very cold, dark night in the depths of winter a couple of years ago Ava left her beloved Mousie and Two at Papa Ray and Grandma Jo's house one night after school. John was working late and it was bed time before we realized they were gone. We called Papa Ray and Grandma Jo to confirm that Mousie and Two were indeed at their house as I prepped Ava for the fact that I would not be packing everyone up to drive over to get them by myself.

Of course you know what happens next.

Papa Ray and Grandma Jo drive Mousie and Two over to our house on that cold, cold winter's night.

When Mousie and Two were safely tucked in with Ava she said, "I knew Papa Ray would bring them over to me. He would do anything for me, he loves me so much."

And so the short-hand 'anything for you' was born between Ava Jane and her grandfather.

Today Papa celebrates his birthday. And how else would Papa Ray celebrate his birthday but with a pink and purple ice cream cake? On the way home from soccer practice Ava suggested we have a 'anything for you' birthday party for Papa Ray, since he does so much for us.

Happy Birthday to our Papa Ray - who takes such good care of those he loves. We'd do anything for you....

An assist blowing out the candles....










The best attempt (and my favorite) to get a picture of Papa Ray with the girlies. So very Amelia.










2 comments:

Bill Roach said...

Ray would indeed do anything for his friends and family and especially for his grand daughters. This is a sweet tribute to one of the finest people I know.

Bill

Hilary said...

I love the pink and purple ice cream cake! What a Papa!