Somehow today Ava started second grade. I am the worst kind of cliche as I contemplate how very quickly time passes? Remember Kindergarten? First grade? How does this happen?
Ava bounded out of bed, unprompted at 6:15am today saying "I am so excited it is the first day of school!" School supplies packed, snack packed, cold lunch packed and off we went. Yesterday Ava shopped with her Grandma Jo for some new outfits. Outfits, as it turns out, that have a decidedly mid-80's, Madonna-esque flair. Pairing a new shirt with a skirt from Grandma Marilyn and pair of jelly sandals my sweet girl looked 10 kinds of fabulous. Tall, strong, long-legged and thrilled to be a second grader.
Ms. Clark is a very lucky teacher to have a girl this sweet, this eager to learn, this excited for school. When I picked her up tonight I pestered her for details of her day. I didn't get much beyond, "Mom, it was awesome. I love second grade." Good enough for me.
2 comments:
She looks adorable! Hold on tight...the ride only gets faster and faster.
Ava is beautiful!! AND fun!! AND I am so glad that she loves school!!
HUGS for Ava!! I think she even grew since I saw her a couple weeks ago!
Post a Comment