OK, so maybe the title is a bit misleading. Tuesday night was Ava's first soccer game (scrimmage was last week) and she did just fine. She participated with enthusiasm and only spent a little bit of time 1) twirling her arms around, 2) practicing what appeared to be cheerleading moves, 3) plucking grass and 4) being reminded to return to her spot. I don't think an athletic scholarship is likely to be in her future, but I am glad she's learning about the game and what it means to be part of a team.
Her coach is very committed to every child playing an equal amount of time and he rotates them in and our of the game on a regular schedule. AND they get treats when the game is over. Naturally this defines the evening as a success for Ava Jane.
Amelia was a bit squirrely at the game last night, but she liked sitting in John's chair....
Team United!
Running to her spot....
2 comments:
She sure looks like a pro and very happy running to her spot! And I love the visual of practicing cheerleading moves in the middle of the soccer game!
What fun!! Yeahhhhh for Ava!! I am sure that she is doing VERY WELL!!!
Thanks for the great pics!
Post a Comment