Sunday, November 7, 2010

Overheard, Sunday Plans

Apparently I think that the 'bonus' hour that comes from 'Falling Back' on daylight saving time is my cue to cram in 3 hours worth of extra projects. Phew. How can my 'to do' list be this long and my house still look like this?

Before church (after my workout) I threw in a load of laundry - the girls sheets. I also included their lovies which, in all honesty, should be washed daily. I forgot to swap the sheets into the dryer when we got home (after church and grocery shopping for the week with both girls) and so we came up on naptime with a soaking wet blankie.

I laid blankets out over Amelia's mattress cover, but she went into full on meltdown mode to be forced to endure nap without her blankie. I tried settling her down. I tried giving her a different blanket. Since none of those things were working I just walked out of her room, closing the door part way behind me. To which Amelia shouted at me through her tears:

"This is NOT fine."

************************************

We will spend our Sunday afternoon/evening with some good friends watching football and eating BBQ pork.

My contribution to the festivities is some Orangecello, which has steeped one day less than the recipe calls for because I simply couldn't get my act together and this chocolate cake. It tastes pretty good, but I don't think it will be winning any beauty contests.... I hope my friends don't mind!




No comments: