After a glorious Fall full of warmer than expected days we have officially turned the page to late-Fall, early Winter. Forecasts call for snow (although we haven't seen any yet) and we've finally dug out the hats and mittens, tucked into school bags for chilly outside recess.
Ava is studying trees for her project at school right now. Today was a nice enough day for mid-November and we headed out for a park near the college to look at some trees, collect some pine cones and seek some acorns. Quickly the looking turned to active participation as Ava, her friend Jessica and Amelia climbed the old sturdy trees.
Best friends...
Sweet Amelia...
Home for dinner where I roasted a pork loin that was just delicious, along with some new potatoes and asparagus. (The asparagus was Amelia's request.) The potatoes were just roasted with onion and garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. The asparagus blanched and dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper. Papa Ray and Grandma Jo joined us and we had some leftover apple crisp for dessert. (Everyone ignored these brownies with ice cream I actually made for the occasion. My co-workers will thank them tomorrow, I'm sure.)
Back to work and school tomorrow where changes await. Amelia joins the pre-K class full time and I contemplate a new professional future. And snow is forecasted for Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment