We have lots of little nicknames for Amelia, the most frequent being Boo, Baby Boo or Mimi.
Boo and Baby Boo because she had the sweetest little soft pink outfit when she was brand new that said "Baby Boo" across the front. It was my favorite and I put her in that little outfit everytime it was clean. (It is also one of the few I have saved for her.)
Mimi because the babies at her first child care center couldn't quite form "Amelia" and so they called her "Aaaaahhh-mimi." It suited her.
Lately Amelia has been very resistant to any type of nickname calling, all but stomping her foot and saying, "my name is Amelia."
Amelia's child care was closed yesterday so she spent the day with Papa Ray and Grandma Jo. There she impressed my father with her name writing skills, which have improved dramatically in the past month or so. It used to be you could read her name if you knew what you were looking for, now she's actually got the hang of it. My dad was trying to find the piece of paper where Amelia had written her name when I came to pick her up, but it had gone missing. Last night I get an email from dad with this scanned image:

His email said, "Found the paper, Kate. I am not sure any of you knew your names at 3. I am certain none of you could write them."
Hardly a surprise out of our Amelia who is insistent on being called by her proper name.
2 comments:
It's so fun to see your own kids growing in their independence. She may be a firecracker, but she's a smart firecracker! : )
I agree totally with Hilary!!! There is only ONE AMELIA! Love, Gma
Post a Comment