Wednesday will mark the beginning of my 39th trip around the sun. Since my birthday falls on a Wednesday night with all its school and work related time constraints we had a family celebration last night.
My Grandpa Roy's birthday was January 16th, mine's the 19th, so growing up I have many fond memories of joint celebrations where we always had spaghetti dinner. I love pasta, but little did I know that Grandpa Roy was not the biggest fan. Perhaps the tradition was born of my love of spaghetti, perhaps it was an easy (and inexpensive!) way of feeding our large extended family. But I haven't had a birthday I can remember that didn't involve some type of pasta dinner to celebrate.
Yesterday John really outdid himself for dinner. He made homemade noodles and Mario Bataili's Ragu Bolognese, a favorite of mine, but not necessarily of his.... We were joined by Papa Ray, Grandma Jo and Grandma Jane and talked at length about how much we missed Grandpa Roy. We all agreed he would have loved the pasta and would have been just crazy about our girls.
Ava and Amelia posing in front of the noodle making.....
No comments:
Post a Comment