Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Miscellany

Oh it's been a busy time here at CasaWaltolach with no real end in sight. We've been leaning on our families for help in juggling all that is to be juggled these past couple of weeks.  Papa and Grandma, Uncle Marc, Grandma Marilyn.... I'm not sure what we would have done without their most willing assistance.

Yesterday morning's schedule went a little something like this... Ava had her first race (we had to leave the house just before 6:00am), Amelia had dance at 8:45am, so John stayed home with her.  We got home with Ava around 10:00am, then she had dance at 10:45am. Amelia had her first Tiny Kickers at 11:00am.  Then Ava had Jazz (dance) at 1:00pm.  That was all a little nuts!

Here's Amelia at her first soccer practice. Doesn't she look great?!



And here's a picture Marilyn took of me and Ava in transition yesterday morning. Ava was helping me fasten my "guardian" wrist band.  When I saw this picture I had a little glimpse into the future and wondered if there would be a day we might race together.  Then I got so choked up thinking about that possibility it took me a minute to compose myself.



It has been a dreary, rainy day here in the great state....  Ava got her third grade bible at church this morning.  The girls have done a good job of playing with their friends, playing with umbrellas in the rain, but there's been a lot of tv too. John is wrapping up his trial, so Uncle Marc came to be with the girls while I taught Spinning this evening.  To thank him for all his help I made the uniquely Iowa carb-overload chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes for Sunday dinner.  The return of Fall marks the return of pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.  A favorite dessert I was happy to make today.

When I got home from Spinning the girls had made a fort in Amelia's room. They are playing together so nicely it warms my heart.  They asked for permission to sleep in their fort.  I tucked them in a few minutes ago and may have to clear them out of their fort and hustle them back into their own beds if the chattering drifting down the stairs in any indication of how they will sleep tonight.



And so another week begins....

1 comment:

Gma Marilyn said...

I miss them!! Have a great week!
Love to all! Gma M.