Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dance Concert

We are on the flip side of another dance concert, Ava's 5th (how can that be) and Amelia's first.  Due to technical problems with the Civic Center, the concert was moved to Ames meaning we had to drive an hour (each way) three night last week. Even so, the girls had a wonderful time and did a great job.

Here Amelia poses with some of her classmates backstage....


Our little ballerina....


Ava added Jazz class to ballet and tap this year, meaning she had three routines.  She dances with a lot of joy and enthusiasm.  She loves all the hustle and bustle backstage with her friends.  Not to mention the endless buffet of treats that are available!  Here she poses with her best friend Jessica in her ballet costume...


Amelia, backstage, watching the older girls and waiting to line up for her performance.


I don't think there's much chance either of our girls will make a career out of dancing, but I love what it gives them.  The confidence, the team work, the commitment to excellence.  But I will say I am looking forward to a couple of months of having our Saturday morning's back!

No comments: