Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Lost is Found

Both of our girls are very attached to their lovies.  Amelia has a blanket, (named Blankey) that she attached herself to when she was merely months old.  And Ava has Mousie and Two. We're not totally sure where the name Two came from - we think it is "You want to bring your blanket too?"  And Mousie, beloved Mousie was a gift from Grandma Jane.  

In the first years of Ava's life Mousie and Two went everywhere with her. Childcare, the grocery store, any trips we took.  After getting busted visiting Mousie and Two in her locker (when she was supposed to be in class) during Kindergarten Mousie and Two have stayed home.  It was time. But each night she tucks them in around her and they still hit the road with us on any vacations.

For nine years Mousie and Two have been drug all over Central Iowa, on airplanes, to Minnesota and we've never lost them.  But on Saturday when bedtime arrived they were not to be found.  We did a quick look in the obvious places and tucked Ava into bed with the promise that they would turn up.  We did a much more comprehensive search on Sunday and they were still missing.  Knowing Mousie and Two hadn't left the house I knew they would appear, but it was a real mystery.  I was looking everywhere.  (And reminding myself I MUST clean out drawers and closets for Pete's sake!) Sunday night when I went to check on Ava she was in tears, missing her lovies and I promised we would find them.  But I was getting worried.   

Monday night Ava says, "maybe I should look in the boxes under my bed."  I say, "Gosh Ava, I feel like you remember putting them there, but it's worth taking a look."  Ava has 6-8 boxes under her bed filled with treasurers.  Shells from our Rehoboth Beach trip, pretty rocks, pictures etc...  She's such a pack rat.  



And taaaaa daaaaaa!  What do you know?!  Mousie and Two were under there. It makes no sense to me, but our sweet girl is so happy to have her lovies back where they belong! I suspect Mousie and Two will go to college with her....  


1 comment:

Hilary said...

I'm glad for everyone's sake that they were found! I know life as I know it would not move forward if we ever lost the beloved blankies at our house.