Monday, June 25, 2012

Family Time Sunday

Saturday we all kind of collapsed into a heap after a busy week of dance recital.  John and I both did long runs, John took the kids to see "Brave" but other than that we stayed pretty close to home and I stayed pretty close to the couch!  Sunday we decided to make up for it by going out to breakfast at a favorite diner - The Waveland Cafe.   The Wave has, perhaps, the best breakfast in town. 

The girls, waiting for their big breakfasts!


After breakfast we walked around the Des Moines Art Festival.  An annual event that grows and changes each year. The day was forecasted to be very hot, so we went right when the festival first opened.  Even so, we cooked in the hot sun as we walked around.  The girls under the welcome arch....



Amelia taking a roll down the hill in the sculpture garden.....



Inside Nomade....



Ava finds the face painting and is an adorable puppy....



One of the vendors set up a beautiful garden and I think Ava and Amelia's favorite part of the festival was pouring water on the rocks. Kids and water!

No comments: