Monday, June 18, 2012

Kicking Off Dance Week!

Here we are in that most magical time of the year - of course I am talking about dance recital week!  Much of our weekend was swallowed up by the first day of several devoted to all things dance.  The girls had their studio dress rehearsal and pictures all day Saturday.  Of course this mean they FINALLY got to wear their costumes.

Ava in her tap costume, Amelia in her ballet costume, striking a pose....


This is Amelia's first year taking dance lessons - she is so stinking cute!


John, getting a hug from the fanciest dancers in town....


Here's Ava's Jazz costume....


I told her she kind of looks like Wonder Woman with the arm bands....


And last, but certainly not least, the ballet costume.  That's THREE (count 'em three) fancy costume changes for Ava.  Amelia's not jealous at all.


In the midst of all this glamour John raced his first triathlon.  I was so bummed to miss it! He rocked that tri, placing 20th out of the 70 (or so) participants.  He's eyeing the Hy-Vee triathlon this Fall.


On Father's Day he took the little girls out for nine holes of golf while I cooked some dinner.  A cart, of course....


Happy Father's Day!


1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh, I would have LOVED to have costumes like that as a little girl! Have a fun week with all the dancing!