Thursday, August 16, 2012

Unfit

We're on day two of school and I've already had a major parenting foul. Ava and Amelia want to bring lunch from home.  The school lunches are.... not good. I don't mind packing lunches, but I am having my own adjustment to packing two different lunches for two kids with two different preferences. This morning in the rush to get everyone out the door I inadvertently packed Ava two sandwiches and Amelia none. 

That's right - for lunch today Amelia had a drink, some sliced strawberries and two orange slices (the candy, not the actual oranges).  "That's ok mom, I got full."  "Mom, it's ok with me that you forgot my sandwich. (through tears)"  And Ava, "Man, I lucked out at lunch today I had TWO sandwiches."

I feel terrible.  I am confident Amelia will remind me of this transgression for the next, oh, twenty or thirty years. And I know I will not make that mistake again.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

If they only knew how hard all the juggling can be! I've given the boys each other's lunches before, and I'll tell you what, I heard about that one for a while!