Saturday, June 15, 2013

Little Things Become Big Things

I know it is not a terribly flattering quality, but sometimes the smallest of things become a really big deal to me.  Since about Mother's Day our yard has been really bugging me.  Things were dying.  Weeds were over grown.  It was a mess.  I kept saying it was important to me that we work on it, clean it up, make it look nice. And yet every single weekend there was always a reason it got put off.  (Weather, work, kids activities, other activities....) My frustration grew and grew.  So we've been chipping away at it for the past 10 days or so and hopefully, finally, will finish this project up this weekend.

Thursday night we got quite a bit done.  John broke up some of the bed in our front yard and tilled in 4 bags of top soil....


He also chopped down the nearly dead lilac bush he bought me the first year we were married....


On the back patio I planted annuals in two containers on our deck with Ava and Amelia's help....


Then, to be honest, the wheels kind of fell off.  The girls got fussy, we were trying to grill dinner, it was hot.  We abandoned the yard work and I hustled the girls into an early shower before a late dinner. We ate, settled down and I looked out the back window to see the girls practicing their golf swings in their pajamas.  Like father, like daughters.... One more week of school and then summer break begins!


No comments: