More and more it seems the days, the seasons go by in a blink. Sometimes in a flurry of activity, sometimes with tedious days, but all of the sudden we are at the end of the school year. Amelia started school reading a handful of words and now she can read simple chapter books. She's out grown those jeans she has on in her first day of school pictures. The ones that were a little too big just a few months ago.
Amelia has always been a little cautious, needing more contact, more reassurance. A few months ago John and I were doing our usual early morning workout trade off. I was home, in the shower, and John was out for a run. I got out of the shower and came downstairs to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and found Amelia, curled up on the floor crying. She thought we had left her alone and she was terrified. But this morning - same scenario only when I came downstairs for coffee Amelia was curled up on the couch watching TV completely comfortable, completely content. She is becoming so much more independent. While I totally celebrate that, a little tiny part of me is having a hard time letting go of my little girl.
Monday Amelia had her final culminating event of Kindergarten, a presentation on simple machines. The kids were assigned one of five or so simple machines to demonstrate to the parents. Amelia and her friends were demonstrating incline planes, using a timed matchbox car depending on the angle of the plane.
Amelia with her friends...
The incline plane....
Ava came to the classroom to see the demonstrations and Amelia was so proud to have her big sister there...
Last month Amelia noticed a sign advertising music on the square on Tuesday nights in our town. And she has been relentlessly bugging me to go every.single.Tuesday since then. John has golf league on Tuesday nights and this week's weather was... perfection. We called Papa Ray to join us, picked up some Subway sandwiches and headed to the square to listen to the music. It was just lovely. The girls walked around a little bit on their own while my dad and I chatted. They hit Papa up for some money to buy kettlecorn and proceeded try to throw it in each other's mouths....
These sweet girls really do love each other. And I love them so much I wish I could freeze time with six year old Amelia and ten year old Ava! It isn't possible they could get more fun than this...





No comments:
Post a Comment