Friday, September 20, 2013

Good Night

I remember when I got pregnant with Amelia, knowing my children would be nearly four years apart, wondering how close they would be....  I actually assumed the fact that they would always be at different developmental stages in their childhood would mean they probably wouldn't be close until they were older.  Silly me.  These girls love each other very much. They talk and share, play together...  Amelia is so competitive with Ava, Ava could kind of care less. They refer to each other as "Sissy" and have shown flashes of wonderful generosity to each other.

But, like many siblings these girls are capable of some serious bickering. And then sometimes I get real glimpses of their bond and I'm so glad they have each other (and Meghan and Lane) as they cope with having me and John for parents....

Snuggling on the couch after bath, before bed...


No comments: