Friday, July 11, 2008

How Five Years Passes in a Blink

Today was Ava's first day of Kindergarten and I celebrate this transition full of pride for the person she has become. It is difficult to believe she is not this baby anymore... This picture was taken the first morning she was home from the hospital.



Today, with mom on the first day of school...



Waiting in line with her friend Allison...



With her teacher, Miss Tierney...



One of my favorite books is 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert.  In the book she talks about her favorite Italian word, "Attraversiamo."  It means, 'let's cross over.'  For some reason today watching Ava cross this threshold of a new experience that word and its meaning in the book was echoing in my head.  The small lump in my throat came out in a laugh watching Ava  be the 'door holder' for Miss Tierney, then enter the school for her first day.  I thought "attraversiamo sweet girl" for my darling Ava, the baby who taught me to be a mom. On this day, like every day, I am so proud to be her mom.






1 comment:

Gma Marilyn said...

I am so proud of Ava,too. It looks like her first day of school was a "hit"!