Have I mentioned Ava is in the year round program for school? Maybe once or twice? We love it, which is probably why we talk about it so much. Today was Ava's first day of first grade. How can that be? One big advantage of the year round program is the consistency it brings to the school year. The start of the school year hasn't been a big production as Ava has really only been on break about 5 1/2 weeks.
Last night was Ava's open house, where she met her teacher, Mr. Fitzpatrick, for the first time. He is a first year teacher, very enthusiastic and eager... Ava's kindergarten teacher, the beloved Miss Tierney was also a first year teacher and the outcome was fabulous. All indications are first grade should be the same.
This morning Ava came blowing downstairs yelling "today is the first day of school!" She said "my eyes popped open and I threw off my covers because the very first thing in my head was that today is the first day of school." Geeze I love how much she loves school.
Junie B? Or is it Ava J? On her first day of school....
Chatty Ava, talking with her classmates....
The most excited first grader ever?
Tonight when I asked her how her first day went - her response? "I LOVE first grade!" She is awesome.
1 comment:
You can't beat that!
Post a Comment