Generally speaking I am not a warm weather girl. I love fall with its cool crispness, winter is the perfect backdrop for my extreme homebody-ness, but this summer may turn me in to a convert. This summer has been so nice - it's been temperate, we had a nice week long getaway and the girls are soaking up every single last moment of sunshine, outside, fresh produce and the pool.
This afternoon while Amelia was napping I took Ava to the city aquatic center. As I watched her splash and play like a happy otter I thought to myself "I am not ready for this summer to end." Usually by this point in the season I am contemplating jeans, sweaters and boots. But today I am wishing for more warm days and fresh produce.
Amelia tackling a piece of very freshly picked sweet corn at a political event this evening...
4 comments:
I think I can use a little more of the temperate weather, also! What a great picture of little Amelia!
She's an Iowa girl, all right! -Janet
Ditto that! Plus for me, the end of summer means going back to work. (I know it sounds pathetic, but it's part of my reality.)
Post a Comment