Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Boo Boo is Four

Four years ago today Miss Amelia came bursting into our lives almost three weeks before we expected to meet her, a force of nature from the very first day.

I took this picture a day or two after we came home from the hospital, we used it for her birth announcements and I remember a friend telling me, "babies that new are not supposed to have that much personality." And that pretty much sums up our sweet Amelia.









Our gift to our small but mighty girl today was a new bicycle. She was thrilled! Posing with her new bike.













Taking it out for a spin on a cool night.













We have never been much for big birthday parties. Papa Ray and Grandma Jo joined us for dinner and we invited some friends from the neighborhood over for some birthday cake. Some of the neighborhood gang, posing for a photo....













Of course our birthday girl needed to put on a princess dress to open her gifts from Papa and Grandma.....













Four years ago tonight I knew my world would forever be different, but I had no way of knowing all that Amelia would add to our lives. She is sweet, stubborn, shy, yet brave. And we love her madly.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Happy 4th birthday, Amelia! We love you very much!