We have had the most beautiful Fall I can remember. Yesterday the temperatures were in the high 50's, today it will reach 60. For the first time in as long as I can remember we are not cooking Thanksgiving dinner. We love to cook, we love Thanksgiving, but John had a particularly demanding few days at work and my parents invited us to their house for Thanksgiving dinner. John's depositions ended yesterday afternoon, so he grabbed his clubs and recruited Meghan and Ava to go play 9 holes....
This morning I ran a funny Turkey Trot Race at the State Fairgrounds with a friend of mine. When I got home John headed out for some more golf while I made our lone contribution to dinner: these rolls. Because we love to cook and plan for big meals we probably won't do this every year, but we are enjoying an easy, different Thanksgiving.
There is so much for us to be thankful for... our family, our health, our home and our good fortune. I love a day that pauses to celebrate all there is to be grateful for with a wonderful meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment