Amelia's day care is closed on all federal holidays, so today, Veteran's Day, I took the day off to spend with her. We had quite a day planned. We started by getting pedicures with her big sister Meghan. (Amelia also talked them into painting her fingers as well. With a little flower. And a rhinestone.) I am pretty sure I was in my 20's before I had my first pedicure. Meghan seems to recall she was a Senior in high school. So here we are with four year old Amelia, starting her young....
Waiting for her polish to dry with her big sister...
After lunch and a nap, Amelia requested that we make pumpkin bread. She's been asking for it all week and fortunately we had the ingredients to make this recipe, with mini-chocolate chips added to the batter. It is delish! Amelia is a very good helper!
I love how Orbit follows patches of sun around all day...
While Amelia and I were enjoying a day of pampering and cooking, Ava was busy hosting Senator Tom Harkin on a visit to her school. I got an email from a friend of mine who works as the Communications Director for the Des Moines Public Schools saying, "Ava is doing an excellent job hosting Senator Harkin." I thought my heart might burst right out of my chest. Later in the day he sent these pictures - Love! Is this setting her on the path to be a political staffer? I'm not sure, but I am proud of her poise. It was very kind of my friend to take and send these photos with an eye toward capturing Ava. My family has a long history with Senator Harkin and they mean more than he could possibly know....







2 comments:
This blog is so amazing beginning with Amelia and Meghan! How fun!!
The Ava with the Senator! What a greta privilege!! Great pics!
Sorry about the "typos". Oops!:)
Post a Comment