It is hard to believe that our sweet Ava is nine years old today. I am such a cliche. It seems like moments ago she was a newborn and I was a new mom. The two of us figuring this out together. There are so many things I love about Ava, but I think my favorite is the joy and enthusiasm that greet each day for her. She is loving and kind, empathetic yet still strong willed. She's an old lady and a nine year old all at once and I just adore that girl.
Ava woke up at 6am so excited to be 9! She asked John to make her birthday crepes and of course he obliged. While the bater rested John headed out for a run. Naturally the girls were very, very hungry.... So in a special birthday treat they had some lemon-blueberry cake from last night's dinner and watched a movie while they waited for dad to get home and make the crepes.....
This afternoon Ava had some friends from the neighborhood over to swim in Papa and Grandma's pool. Perhaps the most excited birthday girl ever!
Swimming....
Planning a synchronized jump with her friends!
Miss Amelia, touching bottom for the first time this year!
Ready? Set! Go! Jumping with Selena....
Ava typically wears two watches, one set on Iowa time, one set on Rehoboth Beach time. Her Papa bought her a watch set to Paris time, Bill and Annie bought her a slap watch that is now set on the time in the Black Hills, this summer's vacation destination....
Rosy cheeked girl with all her watches....
We did do things other than celebrate the birthday girl. Here Orbit greets Meghan like the annoying little brother he is.... nearly every time she sits down at our computer he hops up behind her.
John and Bill, happy and sweaty after an afternoon bike ride....





No comments:
Post a Comment