Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book Character Day

Ava's school does not celebrate Halloween, but during Children's Book Week they do celebrate book character day where the students are allowed to dress up as their favorite book character.  Since Ava's great aunties got her started on the Little House on the Prairie books this year at Christmas there was absolutely no doubt who Ava would be for book character day... Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Right down to the braids....  but minus the uncomfortable shoes, of course!


With her bonnet...


Amelia was beside herself with envy and declared that for Halloween this year she was going to be Mary and that she and Ava would trick or treat together.  And if Ava has braids, Amelia has braids.  And if Ava's getting her picture taken then Amelia will be getting her picture taken.  A modern day Mary to Ava's Laura, for sure...



It is hard to believe how quickly time is passing, how much my sweet girls are growing up.  Here's Ava's book character from first grade - "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie."  Sigh....  I think I need to put a brick on her head to keep her from growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Where on earth did you get the dress and bonnet?! Adorable! What I would have given to have that when I was a little girl.