Ava has been asking to get her ears pierced for awhile. I had pretty much told her she could have it done whenever she liked, but didn't press her. I figured when she was really ready she would start bugging me about it. Sometime in the last couple of months she decided that she wanted to get her ears pierced for her 9th birthday and that sounded just perfect to me. John was skeptical that she would go through with it....
Since tomorrow is kind of a busy day of celebrating the birthday girl this morning I suggested we head to the mall to pierce those ears. Ava was all in! So Grandma Marilyn, Amelia, Ava and I set off for Clare's.
The excited soon to be 9 year old in her before picture....
A nosy and worried little sister watching the process unfold....
Ava was very brave. There was only one person in the store, so she had to get her ears pierced one at a time. The first she held my hand and startled a little bit. But the second she weathered like a pro. Here's my beautiful girl with her new birthstone (emerald) earrings.... She is so excited.
Plus a random cute picture of Orbit, having conquered his favorite toy - a stuffed Simba lion.



No comments:
Post a Comment