Wednesday afternoon Amelia and I headed North to pay an early visit to the Minnesota Moorlach's and await the arrival of my niece (and their cousin) baby Alivia. Baby Alivia made her appearance Friday afternoon at 3:22pm, weighing in at a bruising 4 lbs, 2 oz. Amelia and I enjoyed a very relaxing couple of days together in Minnesota.
Miss Amelia - goofing with the silly glasses....
Thursday and Friday I had the chance to cook dinner for everyone. Such an indulgence to have the time to shop, plan and prepare a meal for people I love. Chicken enchiladas, black bean salad and tres leeches cake one night. Spring risotto and chicken the next. Amelia and her cousin Adam polishing off their second piece of Tres Leches cake.
Friday morning Amelia helped me prep a Moorlach favorite - the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls. Every time I make this recipe it gets yummier and easier. I loved sharing the process with my sweet girl.
While I was there Hilary signed up for her first full marathon, Labor Day weekend. In all my encouraging (pestering) her about how I knew she could do it I got to thinking maybe I should do it too.... we'll see. Here's Hilary - hitting the enter button. I am so excited for her!
John, Meghan and Amelia arrived Friday night and Saturday the kids set up a spa. Relaxation, manicures and pedicures. Ava, Amelia and Mattie getting things all set up.....
John participating in the relaxation part (note Hilary's stock pot being repurposed for everyone's feet - yum!) getting a massage from Adam and a foot rub from Ava.
This morning Brian, Hilary, John, Holly and I ran the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon. All weekend the weather channel was predicting an 80% chance of thunderstorms. Overnight the severe weather sirens sounded while a terrible storm blew threw. But somehow we stayed dry while the sky stayed overcast and we all turned in great personal best performances on a challenging course. Perhaps the best kind of week....



1 comment:
You do such a nice job of recapping all details of the past few days. You have some fun pictures, too.
I'm glad you pestered me about the marathon (I think!). I'm excited and scared, but I know who to turn to for advice. Maybe you'll even be out there with me!!
Great race, today!
Post a Comment