Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day with a lovely day. Meghan brought me peonies, which smell divine, perfuming the whole kitchen. The little girls shared their gifts, lovingly made at school/child care and a small bouquet of carnations.
John made sausage and potato breakfast casserole, my absolute favorite breakfast and I went for a run. John got me this lovely ring from Leona Ruby - (Orbit wouldn't get out of my way while I was trying to take a picture of it!)
For dinner my parents, Grandma Jane and my aunt Janet came to feast on a fantastic Mexican inspired meal. Here with my mom and my grandma on Mother's Day.
It was nice to have a day set aside to celebrate and be celebrated - to feel appreciated. I would like to say I don't need that, but maybe I do.... Being a mother and step mother is by far the most important thing to me, about me. And my favorite part of all of it is knowing really wonderful people like Meghan, Lane, Ava and Amelia.

No comments:
Post a Comment