Monday, May 2, 2011

Creatures of Habit

There's nothing like a little construction project to throw a girl out of her routine. Oh and to remind me what a creature of habit I am.... (as if I didn't know). Our house is in total disarray as we kick off the installation of new flooring. There's no where to sit, no real ability to cook. This morning I needed to take the girls in to school, which is normally John's job, so he could greet the workers and sort through the maze of logistics necessary to complete this project.

In the middle of a somewhat hectic morning I was trying to figure out what to do about Ava's cold lunch. (She steadfastly refuses to eat hot lunch) She was rejecting all the 'easy' possibilities and my anxiety level was climbing until John chimed in and said "I will take Ava out for lunch today."

This arrived in my in box a few moments ago....











Lucky Ava - lunch at Boomers with her dad!

A nice reminder to me to relax and locate my sense of humor. The next week or so is going to be inconvenient. I don't need to make it even more difficult!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

If I complain enough about my lunches, will John take me out for a burger and fries? Looks delish.