Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sort of almost finished product

Friday the workmen finished our floors. Our appliances are in place (on lifts of sorts) but are not hooked up until Monday. This is the view looking into our kitchen - don't the floors look beautiful?













This picture didn't turn out as well, but this is the view into our front room, where we keep our computer, a chair and a half and often sit to read. These floors were refinished. I had no idea how badly they needed to be refinished until I saw how beautiful they looked when they were done.













Alas, we cannot put any furniture on the floors until Monday evening. We have to walk in socks only - no shoes, no bare feet. It is good to be back in our house, but it still feels a bit like we are camping out. Here's the view of our living room. Sigh.... just a few more days.














1 comment:

Gma Marilyn said...

The floor looks FABULOUS!!! I can hardly wait to see it!!