Oh warm weather.... how I've missed you. I think we can finally, officially kiss cold weather good-bye. We might have some chilly days, some rainy days, but I don't think we're going to have the heat on again until this Fall. Fantastic!
Today is Mother's Day - everyone likes to be acknowledged, celebrated, but I don't have big expectations for the day. After brunch at my parent's house we went to the garden center to get herbs for our little garden. Here we have fresh oregano, thyme, chives, Italian flat leaf parsley with a little spot for tomato plants, yet to be planted....
A pot of fresh sweet basil and (not pictured) a pot of rosemary. I can't wait for summer tomatoes with some basil, salt and pepper. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
With temperatures topping 80 degrees the kids begged, pleaded and cajoled and finally we got the sprinkler out. The neighborhood kids descended. I popped 3 bags of microwave popcorn, made and refilled 2 pitchers of Crystal Light lemonade and one of the other neighborhood moms showed up with popsicles.
Amelia and her friend Selena....
The view from our deck....
Since our house, particularly our kitchen, is still kind of in pieces John is getting creative with Mother's Day dinner. Steaks on the grill, stuffed mushrooms in the toaster oven and a salad. Yum! Oh and we're sipping these. (Link courtesy of Meghan!) Life is good.

1 comment:
I had so much fun with Ava, Amelia, and Orbit at the "secret pond". Your girls are delightful, polite, inquisitive, and a joy to be with. And they take very, very good care of sweet little Orbit! -Janet
Post a Comment