I love Fall. Every year I am so, so ready to get out my boots and sweaters, cozy up under some blankets and cook some comfort food. The thing is, Fall hasn't really come to Central Iowa yet. It's cooled off a little, but today it was still nearly 80 degrees.
A couple of weeks ago, in anticipation of Fall I ordered a beautiful pair of new brown boots. They were a bit a splurge, but I had a coupon and some reward points. Except when they arrived they weren't brown, they were black. I called the company, they apologized profusely and promised to send the brown ones right away. I packed up the black ones, sent them back and anxiously awaited the replacement pair. When the second pair finally arrived they were.... black.... again. A more testy call yielded a significant discount and expedited delivery of the brown pair of boots, promised for delivery on Wednesday.
When I got home from work Wednesday night there were no boots. I logged on to track delivery and Fed Ex noted they were dropped at my front door. A terse phone call to Fed Ex later I was wondering why the universe didn't want me to have these beautiful brown boots. When John got home he went out on a recon mission to rescue my boots. (Note - Fed Ex - East 15th Avenue is NOT North 15th Street!) He found them! My hero!!
So today, even though it was 80 degrees I officially declared the start of Fall and wore my new, hard fought brown boots... Aren't they pretty?!
My girls have inherited my love of shoes, but for goodness sake they wind up all over the house. Every few days I pile them on the stairs in a essentially futile attempt to have people carry them to their rooms on their way up the stairs. With a photo bomb from Orbit....
Tonight was the Homecoming parade on the square. There are some nice benefits to living in a small-ish town and one of those benefits is the sheer number of people who show up to celebrate the kids in a rag tag parade. Every single activity puts together a float- the drama club, the orchestra, even the disc golf club. My kids were so excited!
Amelia and her friend Remy....
Racing down the alley, waiting for the parade to start....
Ava takes my picture....
Bunny ears and annoying little sisters!
The universal signal for "throw me some candy!"





No comments:
Post a Comment