After a beastly hot start to the Fall we've had some really lovely October days. The neighborhood kids have re-emerged and they love to run around from house to house in a little pack. This photo was taken from our deck, the kids were playing a game of kick ball (sort of) and I thought Orbit was going to loose his mind he wanted to play so much. Somehow they incorporated him into their game….
Amelia was in the Indianola paper, photographed at swim practice. She's so darn cute! Look at her paying careful attention to her coach!
Last weekend Grandma Marilyn came to visit to help us celebrate John's birthday. Taking kids and the dog for a walk around Lake Aquahbi…..
The tireless Grandma Marilyn playing cards with the kids….
Ava and Amelia, celebrating John's birthday dinner. Make time stop please…. they look so grown up.
John and I prepared giant cave man style steaks for his birthday meal. Well, he cooked the meat, I prepared the sauce. Either way it was really good. John is looking pretty good at 51, I'd say!! We had a great family celebration and some awesome food.
Meghan and Lane! Gorgeous! So grown up! How can it be?!
Tonight is Beggar's Night in Central Iowa - the good folks of the great state of Iowa pretty well decided the night BEFORE Halloween was a good night for kids to go door to door for candy. I'm feeling a little bit like a Halloween Scrooge this year. Lucky for me the girls were very resourceful with their costumes and their plans. A bad front of thunder storms passed through earlier today, but we get a little break in time for trick or treating. Ava and her bestie Jessica hatched a plan to trick or treat together even though Jessica moved out of the neighborhood. So I delivered my pre-teen to Jessica's house where they each were dressed at witches ready to haunt her new stomping ground...
Amelia went out with her friend Grace….
Yee-haw cowgirl!! Recognize this costume? A re-tread from Ava's dance recital last year, because that's how we roll on Halloween this year!!





No comments:
Post a Comment