Taking advantage of the girls fall break and our cousins MEA weekend, we packed up our crew and headed up to Minnesota for an extra long weekend. My family was gathering to celebrate my cousin Laurel's wedding and we always love seeing the Minnesota Moorlachs. As an added bonus, John's mom, Grandma Marilyn made the trip from South Dakota, making us flush with family. Time is always too short, but catching up with everyone felt really nice.
We descended on Brian and Hilary around dinner time on Thursday, raising the decibel level in their house considerably. On Friday John and Brian headed out early for some golf while the girls and I went to Northfield to help decorate the church for the wedding.
Amelia, champion flower arranger....
Ava, pouring water for the floating candles....
Later that night my family gathered at my sister Betsy's house for pizza and chatter. Amelia LOVES Alivia - it is a little hard to tell in this picture, but Alivia is cracking up over something Mimi has said or done. Which cracks me up....
On Saturday Hilary, Holly and I did our last long run before the Galena Lead Rush Half Marathon. I am so excited for our upcoming girls weekend, with a little race bonus. I always love running with them and this weekend's long run should be bottled and sold to runners - our 13 miles went by quickly as we talked and ran and I soaked up their company.
John and Brian went out for, you guessed it, more golf, but eventually we all rallied, cleaned up and got ready for the wedding.
My family, all dressed up and ready to go...
Me and my mom at the church- I can't remember the last time we took a picture together. Isn't that too bad?
And with my sweet girls....
My handsome husband with a proud Papa Ray....
The best photo representing the difficult task or trying to get a picture of Ava, Amelia, Alivia and Angeli, the lovely "A" granddaughters....
The Walton family, all dressed up, smiling and looking at the camera. Love this crazy crew.
We landed at home this afternoon, a little tired, a little sad to say good-bye to everyone, but trying to get ready to face a new week - back to school and work we go.



1 comment:
I love the picture of all the A cousins!
Post a Comment