Thursday, July 14, 2011

Because I don't want to forget....

The other night John made crab pasta for us for dinner. We gathered around the table in this house two blocks from the beach and gobbled up that pasta, served in a 9 x 13 baking pan it was beautiful and tasted delicious. I'm sure someone took a picture, they must have, and perhaps I will post it when we return, if I find it. John included wedges of lemon for the pasta, scattered over the top. Amelia piped up in her husky little voice:

"Can someone please give me a sparkle of lemon on my pasta?" I love that phrase - a sparkle of lemon....

_________________________________________________

Last night Ava left with my parents for the most memorable day in Washington, DC. They had tickets for a White House tour this morning and then will have lunch in the Senate dining room with Senator Harkin. More details of this wonderful adventure will follow, but when she called this morning to report on the tour she asked to talk to Amelia because she wanted to hear her voice. Amelia was at the park with John and Grandma Marilyn so Ava asked that she please call her when she got back.

When the phone call was placed I totally eavesdropped (hey, it was my phone and Amelia is 4) and I could hear Ava telling Amelia she missed her and wished she could see the White House. Then Amelia told Ava about the park. They told each other "I love you" and "I can't wait to see you tonight" before they hung up.

I am going to try so very hard to remember this when they are bickering.

No comments: